Spirit Industrial’s Woodchuck is exceptionally useful for personal use on farms and small acreages. A perfect entry-level sawmill for those who want to get started in milling their own lumber at an exceptional price. Simple and safe to operate. Easy to assemble with simple tools. Solid tube frame and construction. Can cut logs up to 31 x 110 inches long and has a safe cutting speed rating of 15 seconds per meter.
Slower than circular sawmills, but is a lot less expensive, produces more usable lumbar, and leaves a smoother cut finish. Spirit Industrial’s band sawmills are truly portable when used with a trailer, thus can have faster production times than transportable circular sawmills that need to be assembled onsite. The Woodchuck produces less wood-waste (due to the width of the blade) and is superior in creating higher quality surfaces than chainsaw and circular sawmills. Requires less milling than chainsaw and circular sawmills and is flexible enough to cut specialty lumber.
- Power: 14HP Gas Kohler Engine
- Cutting capacity: 31-inch diameter by 188-inch-long logs
- Blade Size: 156 x 1 ¼ x .035 inch,
- Safe Cutting Speed: 13 – 15s/m
- Standard Track Size: 157-inch by 40.5-inch (13' track)
- Includes 1 Extra: 6'5" Extra Track Extension Section